Random as Carbonara with Shell Pasta
Disclosure: My measurements are in no way specific, thats my cooking style. And all my recipes I cook tend to be a combination of multiple recipes in one, making them seem quite random but trust me, they do taste good!
Carbonara Pasta is definitely one my favourite dishes of all time so it's only fitting that I start of the year of recipes with this one. Theres nothing better then a creamy pasta with lashings of cheese and bacon. This time around I did used shell pasta, for some reason I decided I wanted to change it up a bit but I do not recommend that you use shell pasta, it ruined it for me.
Garlic - I used crushed garlic in the jar
1 cup of chicken stock (idk why I just did)
Lots of parmesan cheese
Lemon juice from about 1 or 2 lemons
Garlic bread for the side
- Brown the onion and cook the bacon together in a hot pan with lots of butter and garlic.
- Once cooked, remove the bacon and onion and put in a bowl to the side.
- Cook the chicken until cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking, boil your water for your FETTUCCINI pasta.
- Once the chicken is cooked, throw back in the bacon and the onion.
- If your water is boiled, throw in your pasta and cook for about 5 minutes or so and then strain and rinse with cold water.
- Pour the cream and the chicken stock into the meat and let that thicken for a little bit.
- Once thickened, put in a lot of parmesan cheese and lemon juice, continue to let thicken until desired.
- Lastly add your pasta to the pan.
- Serve with lots of parmesan cheese on top.
Now you may eat the pasta, and if you're anything like me it’ll be straight from the pan. Bon Appetite!